Monday, August 29, 2016

Sausage Cheddar Pasta!

So it's been a little while since I've last updated. Summer is definitely getting away from me! We are trying to pack in so many things this summer and plan a trip to Disney World and my daughter starts school in a few short weeks! eek! So many things are happening right now. Add in parties and weddings and it's just crazy over here. Recently I've discovered a recipe that I have decided we need to do at least once a month. It is so delicious and it's definitely one of my favorites now. The recipe can be found at getinmybelly.com. Here's our take on the recipe.



Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs turkey sausage
- 1.5 cups diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese but I literally douse things with cheese
- Scallions if you would like for a garnish

Directions:
1) Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat and fry the turkey and onions
2) Add garlic and cook about 20 seconds
3) Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, tomatoes, and any seasonings you would like
4) Simmer for approximately 15 minutes
5) Add in cooked pasta
6) Remove from heat and add in cheese
7) Sprinkle with scallions
8) ENJOY!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...